The establishment of the above gentlemen, dealers in general merchandise, is a credit to Canyon City. Selling their goods at as close it margin its possible, believing in making small profits and having their customers well satisfied, they have an enviable reputation for fair and honest dealing.
W. R. Cunnington, the senior member of the firm, has been in business here since 1803, and F. P. Horsley since September last, although both gentlemen were previously engaged in other pursuits In Grant County. At present they are operating two stores, the stone one 26×50, the frame, 22×30, both having fireproof cellars, and with warehouse accommodations this gives them an opportunity to carry sufficient stock to cater to the wants of both the stockmen and miner. Their stock embraces a complete one, comprising as it does dry goods, groceries, clothing, furnishings, boots, shoes, stationery, patent medicines, etc. In waiting on the trade they are assisted by Ben. L. Leland and E. B. Haguewood both widely known in this section.