Pine Haven Cemetery, located at Halfway, is also known as Pine Creek Cemetery and Pine Valley Cemetery. It is on the eastern outskirts of town easily visible from State Highway 86 approaching Halfway from the east.
Land for the cemetery was donated by Mrs. Rebecca Lloyd who came to the valley as a widow with several children from Missouri. The late Mr. W. W. Lloyd, a well-known historian of the area, was one of her sons. It is believed the cemetery was started in the middle 1880’s, the first burial being 1885. There are older interments in the cemetery due to the fact that many were brought in after 1885 from private burial grounds.
This is an open cemetery, a caretaker is employed and grounds are well maintained. In 1959 Mrs. Mable Cooper of Halfway had the records of this cemetery. There are several unmarked graves and illegible markers here. The following inscriptions were taken in 1959:
Abernathy, Albert W. b 1914; d 1946; son and brother.
Allen, Helen E. b 1863; d 1935
Allen, John M. b 1862; d 19??
Allen, Mary E. b 1868; d 1895; wife of Frank
Ambler, Emeline L. b 12 Oct 1840; d 18 Jul 1911
Anderson, Belle V. b 1885; d 1955
Anderson, Cecil b 1898; d 1947
Anderson, Glenwell W. b 1913; d 1953
Anderson, Hattie A. b 1879; d 19??
Anderson, Lula Ardell d 16 Jan 1959; aged 98 yrs 8 mos 12 days
Anderson, Victor A. b 1884; d 1948
Anderson, William M. b 29 Jul 1857; d 29 Aug 1913
Anderson, William T. b 1875; d 1926
Angell, Hildegard (Zimmerman) b 1894; d 1920
Anson, George Co. L 1st Ia. Cav.
Anson, Mary S. b 1854; d 1938
Antz, Mattie b 1874; d 1930
Arnold, C. E. Co. A 8th Ind. Cav.
Augustus, Hazel L. b 27 Mar 1906; d 3 Jul 1928
Our thanks to the Baker Family History Center for allowing us to use their copies of these cemetery records.