(VII) Christopher (3), son of William B. Tilden, was born in Charlestown, New Hampshire, in 1827. We was but one year old when the family moved to Palmyra and he attended the public schools of that town and the Glens Falls Academy. He worked on his father’s farm in his boyhood. Afterward he located in Manchester, New York, where he bought a farm which he conducted for a number of years. He was a communicant of the Protestant Episcopal church, of Palmyra, of which he was a vestryman and warden. He was a member of the local grange, Patrons of Husbandry. He married in 1849 Marcelline Holmes, daughter of Nathaniel and Tirzah Holmes. Mr. Tilden died April 9, 1903. Child: William Holmes, mentioned elsewhere.