CHESTERFIELD FACTORY is a busy post village located on the outlet of the lake. It has one church, two stores, one hotel, a village hall, brushhandle factory, bit and auger factory, sash and blind factory, pail factory, grist-mill, wagon shop, shingle-mill, wheel-head and spinning -wheel shop, a steam saw-mill, blacksmith shop, and about seventy-five dwellings. The village hall was built in 1868, at a cost of about $2,500. A portion of the funds were raised by subscription, but when completed a debt of $1,600 remained, about $1,000 of which has since been paid by the Ladies’ Union Society. The hall is fitted with appropriate scenery for producing dramatic plays.