Eleazer Cobleigh was an early settler in Chesterfield, being here as early as 1776. The first grist-mill as previously mentioned, was probably built by him. Dan Cobleigh was also an early settler, being here as early as 1770, Jonathan Cobleigh, also an early settler, purchased property here April 13, 1763. Jonathan Cobleigh, Jr., is also mentioned here in the tax list of 1770. His children were Lemuel, Lvdda, Jonathan, James, and Sally and Lydia, twins. Oliver Cobleigh was here in 1770, and reared a family. John Cobleigh’s name appears here in 1776. His son John, born April 10, 1776, married Polly Stanford in 1795, and reared ten children, one of whom, Jonathan, was the father of Erastus H., who resides on road 19, corner 21.