Roe Cemetery, Fairmont, Fillmore County, Nebraska
The plot for the first cemetery near Fairmont, Nebr., was donated by Poly Roe, about 1872. It is located on the northwest quarter of section 6, three and one-half miles north of Fairmont.
The earliest burials were here; later the bodies were removed to the Fairmont Cemetery; eight or nine graves remain, only two being marked with shattered stones.
MATHEWS, Charlie (son of W. and Miranda J. Mathews) d. July 17, 1879, ae. 2 yrs., 3 mos., 2 days.
ROE, Libby (daughter of Thomas Roe) d. Sept. 19, 1872, ae. 72 yrs., 3 mos.
Cemetery not fenced; all traces will soon be obliterated.