W. W. Latta, livestock and farming, is a native of Ashland County, Ohio; in the fall of 1853, came to Jackson County, Iowa; followed farming. July 1857, came to Burt County, Neb., and located on 160 acres of land which had formerly been pre-empted by his brother. He now owns about 2,100 acres, and for the past sixteen years his business has principally been livestock. He now owns 630 head of cattle, and feeds an average from 200 to 300 head. He also owns a half interest in the hotel block, and other valuable property in town. He had but $600 when he came to Nebraska, and now can retire with a handsome fortune. He married Miss Mary A., daughter of John R. Mason, of Jackson County, Iowa, May 10, 1857, in Clinton County, Iowa. They have had four children– William R. and Budd, living; two deceased.