T. G. Smith, furniture and undertaker, is a native of Ontario; came to Buffalo, N. Y., in 1865; worked at house building about one year; then went to Pennsylvania oil region, where he remained about two years; came to Omaha in 1868; there he followed the carpenter trade. In 1873, he came to Tekamah, where he has since resided, following his trade. In 1878, he commenced his present business, which is rapidly increasing. He now occupies a brick store, which he built in 1881, 24×85 feet, cost about $2,500. He holds the office of Coroner of the county.