R. A. Templeton, live stock, is a native of Fayette County, Ohio; in 1857, came to Fairfield, Iowa; there engaged in farming and stock-raising; in 1877, removed to Burt County, Neb. He, with Mr. Haywood, fed in 1877, their first season, 100 head of cattle. They are now feeding from 1,000 to 1,200 head. They control over 4,000 acres for pasture and cultivate about 400 acres of corn, on which to feed their stock. They are the largest feeders of stock in this or any of the adjoining counties.