David Cain and family once lived here, but their family record is not found in the Blue Hill records.
John Cain, brother of David, born Dec. 28, 1814; married Deborah Friend, daughter of Daniel and Hannah (Bark) Friend, who had a large family of children as follows:
- Samuel Pearly Cain, born Dec, 4, 1845,
- John Warren Cain, born Oct. 28, 1847.
- Hannah Maria Cain, born May 18, 1849.
- Sabrina Cain, born Dec. 5, 1852,
- Martha Ellen Cain, born April 26, 1855.
- Harriet Ann Cain, born in 1857; died Sept. 1860.
- Newell Judson Cain, born Oct. 11, 1859.
- George Elmer Ellsworth Cain, born Oct. 1, 1861.
- David Willis Cain, born March 5, 1864.
This family removed from Long Island to Surry.
Samuel Cain Family Genealogy
Samuel Cain, a brother of John and David, once lived on Long Island. He was a ship-caulker by trade, and he married Hannah McIntire, by whom he had children:
- Herbert Cain, born April 16, 1844.
- Alice Cain, born Mar<;h 16, 1845.
- Arthur Cain, born August 5, 1846.
- Evelyn Cain, born Nov. 3, 1849.
- Daughter Cain, born April 23, 1855; died March 12, 1857.
Upon removing from Long Island, Samuel Cain settled at Blue Hill village.