1850 Gazetteer of Little Hempston England

LITTLE HEMPSTON, a small scattered village, in a valley opening to the Dart, 2 miles N.E. of Totnes ; has in its parish 268 souls, and 1270A. 3R. 17P. of fertile land. The manor, anciently held by the Arundells, belongs to the Duke of Cleveland and the Countess of Sandwich ; but F. Cornish, Esq., …

1850 Gazetteer of Little Hempston England Read More »