1850 Gazetteer of Churchstow England

CHURCHSTOW, a small village on an eminence, 2 miles N.W. of Kingsbridge, has in its parish 542 souls, and 1877 acres of land, including the small hamlet of Venn and Kingsbridge Union Workhouse, as afterwards noticed. P. S. Lowe, Esq., is lord of the manor, formerly belonging to the Petres, and has a pleasant here …

1850 Gazetteer of Churchstow England Read More »