Native American History of Campbell County, Georgia

Old Campbell County was located in west central Georgia. The county was named for Duncan G. Campbell, one of the state commissioners present at the signing of the Treaty of Indians Springs in 1825. In 1870 Douglass County was cut off from Campbell, but later renamed Douglas. The original county seat was Campbellton on the …

Native American History of Campbell County, Georgia Read More »