J.H. Ball, proprietor of billiard parlor-corner 6th and Huron Sts-is a native of Ind.; moved to Knoxville, Marion County, Ia., with parents in 1851. In 1862 he engaged in freighting in company with J.B. Beard, which he continued until 1865. He then traveled through the territories until he settled in Council Bluffs in 1869; moved to Missouri Valley in 1878, and engaged in his present business.