G.W. Coit, M.D., was born in N.J., in 1837; was assistant surgeon during the latter part of the war of the rebellion. He graduated from the Bellevue Hospital, M.Y.[N.Y.] in March 1866, and came to Harrison County in Nov. of the same year, and located at St. Johns; the following February, removed to Missouri Valley. He has been government-examining surgeon for Western Iowa ten years.