C.H. Sears, proprietor of meat market, was born Jan. 6th, 1852, in Knox County, Ill.; removed to Dunlap in 1869; was in the employ of S.M. Williams, and afterwards with Mitchell & Laub; then engaged in farming for six years, and in Dec., 1881, purchased his present market of B.J. Moore. In 1875, he was married in Ill. to Ida Hickman. They have three children.