C.D. Mitchell, of the firm of Mitchell & Thompson, dealers in general merchandise, was born in Athens, Ohio., in 1842. In 1862 he enlisted in the 7th O. Cav.; was in a number of important engagements, and was promoted to captain and assistant adjutant general; was discharged July 4th, 1865, and returned to Ohio., and in May, 1866, came to Harrison County and engaged in stock raising; in July, 1867, established his present business with H.C. Laub, of Denison; afterwards, Mr. L. retiring, he carried on the business alone, until forming his present partnership in Sept., 1879. They carry a large stock, occupying the three floors of their large store building. Mr. M. is a member of the A.F. & A.M. order.