C. P. Brandenburg, farmer; P. O. Hutton; was born in Clay Co., Ind., Aug. 24, 1828; his parents, Solomon O. and Alezan, were among the first settlers of this county, having settled in the year 1829, on Sec. 14 of Hutton Tp.; his father died in 1861, and his mother went to reside with his brother William H., and died in May, 1875; Mr. Brandenburg lived with his parents up to the age of 17, when he went to Wisconsin and engaged in hauling lead during the summer for eleven seasons, returning to his father’s during the winter months; his journey back and forth was through a total wilderness, where for miles not a farmhouse was to be seen, encamping at night; in 1856, he settled on Sec. 14, in this township, having purchased a farm and improved it, there being only a log cabin upon it, which is still standing, now occupied by John Jenkins, on Sec. 14; he owns 210 acres of land. He married his first wife, Miss Mary Cox, of Hutton Tp., on Feb. 28, 1850; she died July 5, 1875; they had twelve children, seven living – Almorinda, born Sept. 11, 1856; Charles P., born Jan. 13, 1858; Theodore, Nov: 25, 1860; William N., Aug. 25, 1862; George E., Jan. 11,.1864; Clayborn, Dec. 13, 1866, and Edward, born Oct. 13, 1872, and five deceased-John, born July 18, 1855, died Oct. 16, 1855; Thomas J., born July 29, 1852, died Oct. 8, 1870, and three died in infancy. He married his second wife, Miss Nancy J. Baker, of Hutton Tp., July 22, 1877; she was born in April, 1845; they have one child-Henry, born Feb. 18, 1878.