|Title:||Sierra Madre News|
|Author:||R. T. Cowles, C.W. Hill, George Morgridge, L.R. Goshorn. Clifford C. Ward, Peter Ward, Edgar W. Jenkinson, William F. Thomas, Ed E. Herwig, R. Robert Evans, Jannene G. Reed, and Michael De Wees|
|Publisher:||Sierra Madre News|
|Digitizing Sponsor:||Internet Archive|
|Contributor:||Sierra Madre Public Library|
R. T. Cowles started publishing the Sierra Madre News on 11 Oct 1906 putting out a weekly edition. Successive editors include: C.W. Hill, George Morgridge, L.R. Goshorn. Clifford C. Ward, Peter Ward, Edgar W. Jenkinson, William F. Thomas, Ed E. Herwig, R. Robert Evans, Jannene G. Reed, and Michael De Wees. The paper was printed with a hand press, and then a two-revolution cylinder press, and starting in 1947 a 52-inch Miehle flat bed double revolution press, and finally using the offset method. Sierra Madre News last edition was published in June 1999, however, the online digital archive collection ends on the edition of 5 Sep 1991.
Sierra Madre News has separate sections for Monrovia California and Arcadia California.
Special editions have been published over the life of the newspaper.
- Inaugural Edition, 11 Oct 1906
- Pioneer Days Edition, 29 May 1947
- Second Annual Pioneer Days Edition, 3 June 1948
- Third Annual Pioneer Days Edition, 9 June 1949
- Fourth Annual Pioneer Days Edition, 8 June 1950
- Keepsake Edition, 22 Mar 1998 – unavailable online at this time.
Notes about Sierra Madre News
- You can select the year of the newspaper you wish to view in the column on the left.
- Sierra Madre News newspapers are not searchable as a whole. You will need to view the issue you want and then search the issue. Digital newspapers online, usually, are OCR’d and have no manual review of the results. Keep in mind, you may need to manually search the images to find the individual you are looking for – don’t just rely on the search results!