Surname: Pfeil

Home of Franklin and Mary Noyes Rowe 1887-1905

The Descendants of Franklin Mary Noyes Rowe of Humboldt County, Iowa

Franklin Rowe, son of Lucy Stillwell and Lucian Rowe, was born in Onondaga County, New York, possibly at Manlius as his parents were married there March 16, 1826. Franklin was the youngest and eighth child, born December 30, 1836. He was the grandson of Ebenezer and Mary Rowe, his grandfather was born in 1772 and died February 16, 1828 and is buried in Christ Church cemetery at Manlius, New York, his name is in the 1820 census but not in that of 1810 so he must have come to Onondaga County between those dates but diligent search has not been rewarded with further information regarding the lineage of Franklin Rowe. He had the following brothers and sisters, whose names may not be given in order of birth: Elihu, Thaddeus, Charlotte, Caroline, Mary, Martha, and Lucy.

Ancestor Register of Esther Steelman Adams

A Genealogy of the Lake Family

A genealogy of the Lake family of Great Egg Harbour in Old Gloucester County in New Jersey : descended from John Lade of Gravesend, Long Island; with notes on the Gravesend and Staten Island branches of the family. This volume of nearly 400 pages includes a coat-of-arms in colors, two charts, and nearly fifty full page illustrations – portraits, old homes, samplers, etc. The coat-of-arms shown in the frontspiece is an unusually good example of the heraldic art!

Biographical Sketch of Nicholas Pfeil

Pfeil, Nicholas; rector St. Peter’s Church; born, Cleveland, Nov. 4, 1859; son of Lawrence and Frances Reinhart Pfeil; educated, St. Mary’s and St. Stephen’s Parochial schools, Canisius College, Buffalo, N. Y., B. A., St. Mary’s Theological Seminary, Cleveland, Ohio; graduated at Canisius College, June, 1878; entered St. Mary’s Theological Seminary, September, 1878; was ordained to the Priesthood, July 1, 1883, at a little over 23 years of age; appointed pastor of St. Patrick’s Church, Hubbard, O., August, 1883; transferred to Holy Trinity Church, March 2, 1884; appointed irremovable rector of St. Peter’s Church, Cleveland, May 9, 1897; director of the