Surname: Densmore

The Settlers of Narraguagus Valley Maine

A glance at the map of the western part of Washington County will show that any treatment of the early settlement upon the Narraguagus River, necessarily involves more or less of the histories of Steuben, Milbridge, Harrington and Cherryfield. Steuben was formerly township “No. 4, East of Union River,” and No. 5 comprised the territory now included in the towns of Milbridge and Harrington. The town of Cherryfield is composed of No. 11, Middle Division, Brigham Purchase, and of the northeastern part of what was formerly Steuben. All that part of Cherryfield lying south of the mills on the first

Genealogy of George Spracklin

George Spracklin, son of Peter Spracklin and Elizabeth Andrews, continued living in Dudley Township, Hardin Co., Ohio. There he met Arloa Turner Minor and was married 9 April 1840, Knox Co., Ohio. In December of 1864 George bought land here in Shelby Co., Illinois in Drypoint Township. He paid $3680 for 200 acres south of Lakewood, Ill; in 1865, he and his family lived in Edwards County, Ill. before moving to Shelby County. By 1868 George owned 300 acres in Shelby County. Arloa, George’s wife, died in July, 1892 and is buried in Red Bank Cemetery, land formerly owned by George

Densmore, Luella Harrison Ewing Mrs. – Obituary

Luella Harrison Densmore, 91, of Pendleton, died Feb. 20, 2005, at Willowbrook Terrace in Pendleton. At her request, there will be no funeral services. Arrangements are in care of Bishop Funeral Chapel in Pendleton. Mrs. Densmore was born in New Bridge on April 14, 1913, the daughter of William and Lavina Chipman Ewing. She lived her younger years in New Bridge, where she received her education. She married Victor Lee Harrision in Payette, Idaho, on Nov. 18, 1929. They had a son, Harvey L. Harrison. She lived in Myrtle Creek for several years and was a beautician. Mr. Densmore preceded