James M. Mark, born December 23, 1787, built here about 1815, and remained until his death. Luther W., his son, was born March 27, 1809, and succeeded his father on this place. He served the town as selectman, married his cousin, Mary Hamilton, and had born to him two children, Luther W. F., and Hans. He died November 3, 1863. The former was born September 15, 1834, and married Emily Z. Boynton, December 20, 1865. He bought the place where he now resides, in 1864, and has since kept a general country store. Previous to this he was a photographer. He is a justice of the peace, and also clerk of the town.