1850 Gazetteer of West Alvington England

ALVINGTON, (WEST) or West Allington, is a small scattered village, 1½ mile S.W. of Kingsbridge, but its parish extends four miles southward, and includes 998 souls, 4020 acres of land, part of Malborough village, and the hamlets of Woolston, Easton, Sorley, and Bawcombe, on the western side of the estuary and creeks, extending from the …

1850 Gazetteer of West Alvington England Read More »