Roderick Morrison, a well known oil producer and manufacturer at Independence, became identified with the oil industry in the eastern states when a young man, and while other enterprises have engaged him his interests have been continuousty identified with some phase of the petroleum industry through all his active years. Out of his experience he had elaborated one of the important devices used in oil and gas fields, and is now manufacturing it at Independence under the name of the Eclipse Pulling Machine. Mr. Morrison is a Canadian by birth and of Scotch ancestry. His grandfather was Angus Morrison, who
Location: Sandusky County OH
William Henry Wilson is one of the oldest of Topeka’s merchants. He is an honored veteran of the Civil war, and has been a resident of Topeka since December 17, 1877. Along with success in business he has given his time unselfishly and conscientiously to the betterment of his city, and he should be long remembered for his efficient service while on the city school board. He has also attained the highest honors in Masonry. His parents, Orrin and Sarah T. (Wilson) Wilson, had six children named Helen Jane, William Henry, George W., Clarence E., Mary E. and Louise. William
House, Augustus F.; physician; born, Cleveland, Oct. 7, 1847; son of Hudson M. and Mary Snyder House; studied at Woodville and Oberlin; graduated Western Reserve Medical College; post-graduate work at Vienna, Berlin and London; married, Cleveland, 1872, Mary Grace Cleave; two children; clinical professor of surgory, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Cleveland; director and member of finance committee of Lake Shore Banking & Trust Co.; member American Medical Ass’n, Ohio State Medical Ass’n, Cleveland Academy of Medicine (president, 1898); pres. of medical staff and trustee St. Clair Hospital; Past Eminent Commander of Oriental Commandery, K. T., Past Most Excellent High
Collver, D. Jay; district passenger agt., N. Y. C. Lines; born, Stanhope, N. J., Aug. 20, 1846; educated, public schools, Clyde, O.; engaged in the dry goods business in Clyde; came to Cleveland about 1875; entering the service of the Bee Line R. R. Co., now part of the Big Four system of the N. Y. Central Lines; originator of long-distance excursions and high-class tours in the U. S.; enlisted Co. A, 72d Ohio Volunteer Infantry, November, 1861; discharged, March, 1863; re-enlisted, 1864, 196th Ohio Volunteer Infantry (Hospital Steward) ; chief clerk at headquarters Duryea; brigade to close of war;
Vickery, Willis Hon.; lawyer; born, Bellevue, O., Nov. 26, 1857; son of William and Sarah Perkins Vickery; no schooling until the age of 19, excepting three months in the winter; then entered the Clyde, O., High School, graduating in 1880, valedictorian of class; studied law in the office of Everett & Fowler, at Fremont, O.; continued law studies combined with teaching in the schools of Clyde and Castalia, O., in 1882, entered the law dept. of Boston University; graduated in 1884; admitted to the Ohio bar in 1885; married three times; three children by first wife, who was Anna L.
Stephens, Jesse; attorney; born, Wood County, Feb. 9, 1865; son of David and Elizabeth Bonam Stephens; educated, Fostoria Academy and The Ohio Northern University; read law with the Hon. Thomas N. Bierly, of Toledo; admitted to the bar in 1889; married, Fremont, O., 1887, Miss Belle Clark; issue, two sons, A. A. and Clarence Clark Stephens; practiced law in Fostoria, O., for twenty years, attaining a high place in the legal profession; particularly noted as trial lawyer, having tried some of the most important cases in Northwestern Ohio; has never sought political honors, although urged to become a candidate for
Quinn, Edward Martin; cigar merchant; born, Townsend Township, Sandusky County, Ohio, June 8, 1863; son of Arthur and Julia Ryan Quinn; district school education; commercial training in retail cigar store of his brother, J. R. Quinn, Cleveland; married, Cleveland, June 3, 1903, Lottie May Fike; one son, John Ryan, born, March 7, 1904; formed partnership with F. R. Harris; firm name Quinn & Harris, cigar dealers, Hollenden Hotel. Recreations: Hunting and Fishing.
Richmond, Charles T.; manufacturer; born, Johnsville, N. Y., June 13, 1856; son of Theodore and Caroline Baucus Richmond; educated, Greylock Institute, South Williamstown, Mass., and Yale ’78, S. Ph. B.; married, Fremont, 0., Jan. 28, 1891, Mrs. Addle G. Noble; after graduating, became deputy collector Internal Revenue, 10th District of Massachusetts (three years); then founded Richmond Carbon Co., North Adams, Mass. (four years); then became pres. Thomson-Houston Carbon Co., at Fremont, O., (five years); since 1893, with National Carbon Co., Cleveland (twenty years); consulting engineer and asst. sec’y National Carbon Co.; member Delta Psi Fraternity; member Chamber of Commerce, Athletic
Rawson, La Quinio; lawyer; born, Fremont, O., Oct. 28, 1871, son of Joseph L. and Margaret A. Gelpin Rawson; educated, High School, Fremont, O.; Cincinnati College, Law Department, 1892, degree Bachelor of Law; married, Fremont, O., Dec. 26, 1895, Beatrice Frances Floyd, of Cleveland; one daughter, Beatrice Rawson; member Ohio Legislature from Cuyahoga County, 1904-1905; served as Chairman of Committee on Insurance, and as member of Committee on Finance; sec’y and member executive committee The Cleveland Life Insurance Co.; member Ohio State Bar Ass’n and National Geography Society; member Masonic Fraternity, New England Society, Society of Mayflower Descendants; member Athletic
Elgin, Union County, Oregon A Direct Descendant of the Pilgrim Fathers, and an Honered Pioneer of Eastern Oregon At the home of his daughter, Mrs. E.L. Harris, in Elgin. December 12, 1904. John King, aged 84 years, 9 months, 10 days. The deceased was among the well known citizens of Union and Wallowa counties, in which territory he had made his home since 1882. A son of Jacob King, one of Ohio’s pioneer settlers, he was able to trace his lineage directly to the Pilgrim Fathers, whose landing at Plymouth Rock in 1820 (Says 1820) marked one of the events