A collection of 585,940 California automobile registrations for 1921 as published in 14 volumes, complete with name, address, type of auto and engine number
Location: San Joaquin County CA
Mr. Ellis C. Johnson is one of Daly City’s most influential citizens as well as having the distinction of being that city’s first Postmaster, and City Recorder ever since that municipality was incorporated. He is also serving as Justice of the Peace. Mr. Johnson was born in Philadelphia, July 1860. He has been a resident of California since 1881, while San Mateo County has claimed him only since 1907. Before coming to Daly City, Mr. Johnson was located in Stockton, being the superintendent for the Haggin and Tevis Ranch.
Mr. Henry T. Daley, a dentist of Burlingame, is one of the leading young professional men of the peninsula. Before coming to Burlingame to establish his practice, Dr. Daley had offices in San Francisco. He has practiced in Burlingame since 1909. Dr. Daley is a native son. He was born at Lockeford in 1885. He received his early education in California. Dr. Daley was married on June 25, 1911. He is associated with several college and business organizations and is a member of the San Mateo Lodge of Elks and the Royal Arcanum.
Rev. John A. Anderson, so long identified with the work of the Presbyterian Church at Junction City, and, while a resident of that place, with the affairs of Congress, of which he was a member, had a remarkable experience for a elergyman. He graduated from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, in 1853, Benjamin Harrison being his roommate for a time. Mr. Anderson began his ministerial work at Stockton, California, in 1857, and is said to have preached the first union sermon on the Pacific coast. In 1860 the state legislature of California elected him trustee of the state insane asylum. Two
WILLIAM L. WOODY. The American people not only travel more extensively than any other nation, but they patronize to a greater extent the numerous establishments for the hire of horses and carriages. There are few enterprises which contribute a larger quota to the convenience of the residential and transient public than the well appointed livery stable, and one of the most promising in the city of Ozark is that conducted by Mr. William L. Woody. This gentleman has resided here for the past eight years, during which time he engaged in the livery business, and now has one of the
HON. JOHN W. NORVAL. – Mr. Norval, at present state senator from Union and Wallowa counties, was born in Knox County, Illinois, June 5, 1840, and is the son of James and Mahala Applewhite Norval. He resided upon a farm at his native place until the age of twenty, having while a mere boy suffered the loss of his father, and being a member of a family of four brothers and one sister. In April, 1860, he came west to Alexandria, Missouri, where he joined an emigrant train and came across the plains to California, arriving at Stockton November 6,
WILLIAM G. PEACH. – There is no doubt but there should be special mention in this volume of the abiding chronicles of Union county, of the capable and venerable citizen, whose name appears at the head of this article, and it is with pleasure that we accord to him space for the epitome of an interesting and eventful career, since his abilities are worthy of such, and since his success has been achieved by meritorious effort, and since his character is upright, stanch, and worthy to be exemplified. Mr. Peach was born in the Green Mountain State, at Newbury, Orange
North Powder, Union County, Oregon Pioneer Passes John H. Powers one of the first settlers on land in the North Powder river section, died a few days ago at Stockton, California, where he has been residing for some time. Mr. Powers is survived by four sisters. Mrs. J.L. Dodson of Baker, Mrs. Mary Hutchinson of Union, Mrs. Ellen E. Mann of Baker, and Mrs. Ida E. Turner of Colfax, California. Mr. Powers left an estate valued at $30,000, mostly in land in Baker and Union counties. North Powder News Saturday, May 15, 1920
Elgin, Oregon Phyllis V. McClary, 76, of Elgin died Nov. 27 at the Grande Ronde Hospital. A memorial service is planned for 11 a.m. Saturday at Daniels Chapel of the Valley. Mrs. McClary was born April 16, 1930, to Donald and Bessie Garlough Lester in Watford City, N.D. On April 23, 1950, she married Denny B. McClary in Garden City, Nev., and they lived at the Stockton Naval Base in Stockton, Calif., until 1952. From 1952 to 1984 they resided at various fish hatchery locations throughout Oregon. After Denny’s retirement they made their home in Elgin. Mrs. McClary was very
Dorothy Louise Walton, 87, of Island City, died March 21. A graveside service will begin at 2 p.m. Monday at the Island City Cemetery. Loveland Funeral Chapel and Crematory is in charge of arrangements. Dorothy was born Feb. 21, 1921, to Byron Howard and Vashti Ester (Piersol) Haynes in Sterling, Colo. She grew up in Colorado, and through various circumstances went to live in Arkansas for a time, which is where she met and married her husband, Ray Walton. The couple married in 1939 and had their first son, Lee, in 1940. In 1942, they moved to California and settled