Cody, Henry Bissell; real estate; born, Painesville, O., Oct. 12, 1866; son of Lindus and Sarah Amelia Farnsworth Cody; educated, Central High School and Western Reserve University, 1891, A. B.; married, Cleveland, Feb. 26, 1895, Alma C. Canfield; one son, Louis Faucher Cody; pres. 1st Cleveland School Board; pres. Union Woodhill Realty Co.; treas. Woodhill and E. Boulevard Realty Co.; trustee Woman’s Hospital Ass’n, of Cleveland; member civic committee, Federated Churches; member Delta Tau, and Delta Upsilon College Fraternities; Chamber of Commerce and Euclid Club; owner and operator 28 allotments in and about Cleveland.
Location: Lake County OH
Knox, William; architect; born, Glasgow, Scotland, Jan. 20, 1858; son of Thomas and Margaret Neilson Knox; studied in the Free Church Seminary, in Glasgow, special course in architecture in Glasgow and Edinburgh; married, Painesville, O., June 21, 1891, Miss Agnes Julia Child; issue, three children, Carlos C., Beulah G., and M. Neilson; business career, successor to Mr. Aitken, in the firm of Moffett & Aitken, in Edinburgh; in 1886, left Scotland to travel; applied for and secured position with Burnham & Root, architects, of Chicago, Ill.; later office mgr. for Henry Ives Cobb, eminent architect; came to Cleveland in 1893;
Jerome, Frank J.; lawyer; born, Painesville, O., Nov. 3, 1855; son of Joseph and Susan C. Foster Jerome; educated, Painesville public schools and Ann Arbor Law School; married, Painesville, O., Sept. 10, 1884, Lucy E. Dingley; one son, Frank Jay Jerome; admitted to the bar in 1877; practiced in Painesville until 1893, most of the time in the firm of Burrows & Jerome; entered the law dept. of The Lake Shore & Michigan Southern R. R. Co., at Cleveland, June 1, 1893; appointed general attorney for that road in 1901 and general counsel in 1912; general counsel L. S. &
Lowe, John C.; umbrella manufacturer; born, Cleveland, Feb. 5, 1865; son of Frederick and Margaret Wittig Lowe; educated, Cleveland public schools, married, Painesville, Sept. 30, 1891, Bertha A. Taft; issue, John Raymond, born Oct. 22, 1892; Helen Margaret, born Nov. 25, 1894; Harold, born Aug. 4, 1897; Ward Russell, born Jan. 19, 1900; started in business March 10, 1890; pres. and treas. The John C. Lowe Co.; pres. and treas. Edward W. Alexander Co.; pres. The Heights Realty Co.; pres. The Boulevard Land Co.; pres. the American Realty Co., and treas. The Best Realty Co.; trustee Epworth Memorial Methodist Church;
WILSON, George Henry; dentist; born, Painesville, O., March 3, 1855; son of Dr. David C. and Marion (Flanders) Wilson; educated, High School, Painesville, D. D. S., University of Michigan, 1878; married Kittie, daughter of Rev. Lathrop Cooley, of Cleverland, Jan. 1, 1880; practiced dentistry, Painesville, 1878-1891, Cleveland, 1891; prof. clinical prosthetic dentistry, Cleveland University of Medicine and Surgery, 1891-1892; prof. prosthetic dentistry and metallurgy, Western Reserve University, 1892-1904; an editor Dentist’s Magazine, 1906-1909; member National Dental Ass’n; 1st pres., Cleveland Dental Library Ass’n; pres. Northern Ohio Dental Ass’n, 1887; Ohio State Dental Ass’n, 1893; Cleveland Dental Society, 1897; member Delta
Wilson, Harris R. C.Dr.; D. D. S.; born, Painesville, O., Sept. 7, 1881; son of George H. and Kittle Cooley Wilson; educated, Painesville and Cleveland graded schools, Western Reserve Academy at Hudson, Hiram College, Western Reserve University Dental School; married, Ravenna, June 20, 1908, Mabel Rogers; issue, Kathryn, Roger, Georgetta; member National Dental Ass’n, Ohio State Dental Society, Cleveland Dental Society, Northern Ohio Dental Ass’n; recording sec’y Cleveland Dental Society, 1913; member Clifton Club.
Tillotson, Edwin Gray; banker; born Painesville, O., April 12, 1867; son of Frank A. and Sarah Gray Tillotson; educated, Cleveland public schools; married, Cleveland, May 1, 1895, Grace Felton Tillotson, who died Oct. 14, 1911; issue, one child; pres. The Tillotson & Wolcott Co., investment bankers; The Guarantee Title & Trust Co.; director The Electric Properties Co., New York City; member Union, Country, Mayfield, and Athletic Clubs, Cleverland, and City Midday, of New York.
Wick, Dudley Baldwin; vice pres. Wick Investment.; born, Youngstown, O., Oct. 3, 1846; son of Henry and Mary S. Hine Wick; attended public school and Oberlin College; married, Painesville, O., July 28, 1875, Miss Emma Steele; issue, three children; Helen, now Mrs. Charles Dukelow of Boston, Warren Corning and Dudley B. Jr., deceased; business career; became associated with my father in the banking business; sold interests in the City Trust Co., and devoted time to private interests; one of the organizers of The North Electric Co.; served as vice pres. till 1907; still a director; officer and director in many
Warner, Franz Childs; architect; born, Painesville, O., Sept. 6, 1876; son of Franz G. L. And Isabel Childs Warner; educated, Painesville public schools and Case School of Applied Science; married, Youngstown, O., July 12, 1902, Hazel Virginia Ward; practice has been largely public and semi-public buildings; member Cleveland Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, Beta Theta Pi Fraternity; member Cleveland Athletic, Automobile, Shore and Architectural Clubs.
Tabor, Franklyn Breed; sec’y the Telling Bros. Co.; born, Titusville, Pa., Feb. 23, 1868; educated in the public schools of Painesville, O.; supt. the Painesville Water Works Co., 1893-1898; upon purchase by the city, was elected sec’y; served until 1899, when he moved to Cleveland; auditor the Telling Bros. Ice Cream Co., 1900-1903; upon the re-organization of the company in 1904, elected sec’y; still serving; sec’y and treas. Cable-Trace Co., and interested in other business enterprises; Republican.