Evelyn Baldwin provided Allen County Public Library with a packet of research information on her ancestors Revolutionary War that she had compiled back in 1926. In 1949 the library then bound those 72 pages and enclosed them in covered book boards, thereby making them more accessible to their patrons. Fast forward to 2018 and the Library has digitized these pages and made them accessible to anyone online.
Location: Guilford Connecticut
The white population in Arkansas in 1817 had increased to several thousand, whose protection, as well as that of the Cherokee people living in that territory, from the continued hostilities of the Osage, required the establishment of a military post at the western border dividing the white settlements from the Osage. From Saint Louis came further news of threatened hostilities by the Osage near Clermont’s Town, and a report 1Niles Register, (Baltimore) vol. xiii, 176. that Major William Bradford with a detachment of United States riflemen, and accompanied by Major Long, topographical engineer, had left that city for the purpose
George Hubbard George1 Hubbard was first in Watertown, Mass., about 1633; m. Mary Bishop, who d. at Guilford, Conn., Sept. 14, 1675. She was dau. of John and Ann Bishop, who moved to Guilford in 1639, where he, Bishop, was one of the seven prop. of the town, and d. there, February, 1661. On May 6, 1635, permission from the General Court of Massachusetts was granted to the inhabitants of Watertown “to remove themselves to any place they shall think meet to make choice of, provided they still continue under the government.” Among these immigrators was George Hubbard and family
(IV) Rev. Timothy Collins, son of John (3) Collins, was born in Guilford, April 13, 1699, died at Litchfield, Connecticut, in 1776. He graduated from Yale College in 1718. He became minister of the town of Litchfield and owner of one-sixtieth of the town rights. He probably was called through the influence of Deacon John Buell, who came from Lebanon. He was ordained June, 1723, and dismissed in 1752, after which he practiced medicine in Litchfield the remainder of his life. He studied medicine during the ministry. He was chosen justice of the peace in 1753. He married Elizabeth Hyde,
(II) John (2), son of John (1) Collins, was born in Boston, about 1644. He was also a shoemaker. He removed in 1663 to Middletown, Connecticut, thence to Saybrook, later to Branford and Guilford. He married (first) Mary Trowbridge, who died in 1668; (second), June 3, 1669, Mary (Stephens) Hingnoth, widow of Henry Hingnoth; (third) Dorcas (Swain) Taintor, widow of John Taintor. He died at Branford about 1704. Children: John, born 1665, mentioned elsewhere; Robert, 1667; Mary, married Chapman.