George Spracklin, son of Peter Spracklin and Elizabeth Andrews, continued living in Dudley Township, Hardin Co., Ohio. There he met Arloa Turner Minor and was married 9 April 1840, Knox Co., Ohio. In December of 1864 George bought land here in Shelby Co., Illinois in Drypoint Township. He paid $3680 for 200 acres south of Lakewood, Ill; in 1865, he and his family lived in Edwards County, Ill. before moving to Shelby County. By 1868 George owned 300 acres in Shelby County. Arloa, George’s wife, died in July, 1892 and is buried in Red Bank Cemetery, land formerly owned by George
Location: Edwards County IL
William Barnett, farmer, P. O. Ionia, was born in Bourbon County, Ky., July 8, 1824. Removed to Vermillion County, Ill. Came to Jewell County, Kan., in 1871, and took a homestead, and is now the owner of 320 acres of land. Held the office of School Treasurer for nine years last past. Was married in Vermillion County, Ill., September 17, 1851, to Miss A. J. Walston, now deceased. Was married a second time in Edwards County, Ill., in December 1856, to Miss Nancy Barnett. He is the father of four children – Susan J., Robert, Martha E. and Lolie. Mr.
Harris, Charles; university prof.; born Albion, Ill., Nov. 19, 1859; son of George and Catherine Smith Harris; A. B., Indiana University, 1879; Ph. D., University of Leipzig. 1883; married. Mary McCalla, of Bloomington, Ind., Dec. 24, 1884; teacher in academy, Vincennes, Ind., 1883-1886; prof. French and German, Southern Illinois State Normal School, 1886-1888; prof. German, Oberlin College, 1888-1893, Western Reserve University, since 1893; member Modern Language Assn, America. Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Psi; Episcopalian. Author: German Composition, 1890; German Lessons, 1892; German Reader, 1895. Editor: Wichert’s An der Majorsecke, 1895; Goethe’s Poems, 1899; Lessing’s Hamburgische Dramaturgie (abridged edit.), 1901.