1850 Gazetteer of East Portlemouth England

PORTLEMOUTH, (EAST) a small village, five miles S. of Kingsbridge, is picturesquely seated on an eminence on the east side of Salcombe haven, near its confluence with the sea. Its parish contains 429 souls, and 1973 acres of land, including Rickham and Holset hamlets, and bounded on the south by the lofty cliffs, extending to …

1850 Gazetteer of East Portlemouth England Read More »