A complete listing of all available online Cooke County Texas cemeteries, with links to multiple cemetery transcriptions, gravestone photos, tombstone photos, official records, etc.
Location: Cooke County TX
Judge N. B. Maxey has the distinction of holding the oldest license to practice law in the Oklahoma courts. Notwithstanding the fact he is still active in the profession, maintaining his once in Muskogee but frequently called to other sections of the state in connection with his specialty of insurance and surety law. He was born in Smith County, Tennessee, July 15, 1853, and the fact that his father, Thomas J. Maxey, was of French extraction probably accounts for the name given to the future Muskogee lawyer, Napoleon Bonaparte Maxey. Whether the name carries with it any qualifications that to
Starkey Brent Dawes, since 1889 a representative of the Muskogee bar, now confining his attention largely to the practice of law as relating to lands and minerals, is a native of Tennessee and a son of Starkey and Amanda (Butler) Dawes. His father was an educator connected with the schools of Tennessee and afterward of Texas. The removal of the family to the Lone Star state enabled Starkey B. Dawes to pursue his high school education in Gainesville, Texas, and later he took the State Normal School course in Texas. His law course was that given by the Texas University,
Baker City, Oregon Maurice Charles Hurd, 86, of Lindsay, Texas, a former longtime Baker City resident, died Oct. 3, 2004, at his home. His graveside funeral with honors will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery. Pastor Billy Ledbetter of the First Baptist Church of Muenster, Texas, will officiate. Maurice was born on March 1, 1918, at Ekalaka, Mont., to Wallace and Hazel Kinsey Hurd. He married Marcella Mae Dotson on March 26, 1950, at Sidney, Mont. The couple had three daughters: Susan, Maureen and Laurie. In his youth, Maurice worked on his father’s ranch herding
A cemetery transcription of Jackson Cemetery in Cooke County, Texas. This is a private cemetery which was abandoned before 1965. It was destroyed by cattle. JACKSON Nancy B., 1856 – 1898. Jack, 1852 – 1900. —-, illegible – no dates.