1850 Gazetteer of Bigbury England

BIGBURY, a small village on the west side of the Aven valley, about 1½ miles from Bigbury Bay, and 3½ miles S. of Modbury, has in its parish 652 souls, and 2902A. 2R. 20P. of land. It includes many scattered houses, and a hamlet called St. Ann’s Chapel. The manor was held for nine generations …

1850 Gazetteer of Bigbury England Read More »