Hart, Q. A. dealer in general merchandise, opened business October 2, 1872. He now has the oldest established store in Russell. He erected the first store building in the village in the summer of 1874, size of which is 22×60 feet at a cost of $1,800, since built an addition 12×40 feet at a cost of $500. He now carries a stock of $10,000. He owns 320 acres of land nearly all cultivated. Has been Township Treasurer and City Councilman four terms.
Born April 2, 1825, in Upper Canada. Was raised on a farm, moved to Neenah, Wis., in 1856. Moved to Waupun, Dodge Co. 1865, following farming.
Enlisted February 24, 1864, in Company F, Twenty-first, Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry, participated in fourteen battles, and never received a scratch, was mustered out in July, 1865, when he returned to Wisconsin and farmed until he came to Kansas; married in 1852 to Miss Deborah A. Comer, of Upper Canada. He is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church and a member of the G. A. R. of Waupun, Wis.