W.A. Robinson, postmaster and hardware merchant, was born in Vt. in 1815. He moved to Stockbridge, Mass., when quite young; in 1856 moved to Mercer county, m., and engaged in farming until 1869; then moved to Sac County, purchased land in Viola township, which he improved and still owns. He moved to Fletcher in Jan., 1882, and filled the office of postmaster, to which he was appointed in Dec., 1881. He erected building on Main Street, which is occupied by post office and hardware stock. Mr. Robinson has filled many minor offices, was the first justice of the peace in Viola township. He has a notary public commission, and does a general collecting business, is agent for several insurance companies.