Rev. Ira N. Pardee was born in Kingston, N.Y., in 1840; received his education at Armenia Seminary. He united with the church in 1857; his first pastoral charge was at Great Barrington, Mass., where he remained the full term; in 1861 he was transferred to the Wyoming conference, and was two years on the Ararat circuit; in 1862 he was removed to the Tallmanville, Pennsylvania, circuit, and in 1864, to the Newton, Pennsylvania, circuit. He was placed in charge of the Plymouth church in Wyoming Valley. In 1869 he was appointed to Great Bend station; to the Onconta district in N.Y., in 1872, and in 1875 he was transferred to the Neb. conference, and stationed at Fort Dodge. He came to this city in 1880. For seven years he was prominent in Sunday School work in New York, and for the past two years he has managed the conference, held annually at Clear Lake, Iowa.