Banker, Louis first came to Russell in 1876 and took charge of a general store for G. A. Hart, five years. He then became a partner in Giddings, Banker & Co. Giddings, Banker & Co., dealers in general merchandise. They opened trade September 14, 1881, and carry a stock of about $8,000, in a general line of merchandise. The firm is composed of Louis Banker, R. S. Giddings and M. A. Blaine, of Middleburg, Mass.
Born in Belleville, Canada West, in 1858, went to Rosendale and Waupun, Wis., in 1864, with parents and to Cass County, Iowa in 1871, then to Kansas.