H.C. Wheeler, farmer and stock raiser, was born May, 10th, 1835, at Hopkinton, N.H.; the following year moved with parents to Chicago, Ill. He there received his education and finished at the Academy of Warrensville. In 1854 he went to San Francisco, Cal.; there engaged in the real estate business, and after two years returned to Chicago. He remained two years land again went to San Francisco. He became one of the first members of the San Francisco Stock Exchange and remained there until 1864. After spending one and one-half years traveling in Europe, he came to Sac County, Ia., and invested in real estate and commenced extensive fanning operations. He now owns a large tract of land adjoining Odebolt on three sides. Also one thousand acres in Plymouth County, and one thousand acres in Crawford County. In 1877 he donated the right of way, town site and $2,000 in cash to the railroad company. He laid out and owns two additions to the town of about one hundred acres. He resides in Wheeler township, three miles from the city; has three boarding houses on the farm, employs forty men and fifty teams. He has a herd of sixty head of Short Horn cattle and forty Clydesdale horses and colts, besides other stock. He has spent considerable time in making practical a steam plow for use on his farm; it includes ten plows in a frame. Mr. Wheeler is one of the directors of the State Fair Association. He owns valuable property in Chicago.