George M. Parker, merchant, was born in Hartford, Ill, in 1847; moved with parents to, Manchester, Ia., in 1851; thence to Delhi, where he received his education. He traveled for wholesale houses of Chicago and Dubuque for six years. In 1872 he engaged in business at Earlville, Ia., and two years later came to Sac City and established his present business. The store is in the Bank block. In 1881 he commenced the erection of a creamery, which is fitted with a ten-horse power engine, and will have a capacity of from 2,500 to 3,000 lbs. per day. This is the only creamery in the county; it will employ from fifteen to twenty teams, and from twenty to thirty men. Mr. P. has for two years previous conducted the business on a smaller scale.