G.R. McDougall, dealer in musical instruments, sewing machines, sheet music, music books, and all musical supplies, No. 71 Douglas Street, established business in 1872. He was born in Ft. Edwards, N.Y., in 1824; removed to this city in 1856, and is one of the pioneers. He engaged in building, and the first year of his residence, he with others erected about thirty buildings. He next engaged in the furniture business. He has served as treasurer of this place, and was the first city marshal of Sioux City; has been an alderman and school treasurer several terms. He married Mary Macready, of this city, and has one child-Jennie Bell.