C.L. Sherwood, agent for the Iowa Land Company, was born in Berlin township, Delaware County, O., in June, 1817; remained there until 1854, and then moved to Clinton, Ia., where he engaged in farming. In 1873 he came to Sac County, purchased land in Clinton township, which he improved, and still owns, the farming being conducted by his sons. Mr. Sherwood was for several years postmaster at Wall Lake, also was postmaster in Clinton township before the office was abandoned. He became agent for the above company in 1873; office with W.H. Peck, lumber dealer. Mr. S. is one of the solid republicans of this county.