C. Borman, proprietor of Columbia House, on the corner of Fourth and Water streets, established business in 1870. He has good stabling accommodations connected with the premises. Mr. B. was born in Germany in 1826. He was in the German military service six years; came to America in 1854, and settled in Alleghany City, Pennsylvania He removed to Johnston, Pennsylvania; thence to Omaha; thence to Sioux City, in 1868. In 1879, he was township trustee for this town. He married Federika Keller. They have five children-Lena, Mina, Elizabeth, Charles and Oscar.