A VILLAGE and PARISH situated on the north shore of the River St. Lawrence, County of Montmorenci, C. E. distant from Quebec, 10 miles. Population about 1000.
In the following Directory the names which appear in CAPITALS are those of subscribers to the work.
Alphabetical List Of Professions, Trades, &C.
Belanger, Thomas, carding mill.
Gagné, Archange, dry goods and groceries.
Hervieux, Miss M., school teacher.
Lamothe,_______, saw mill.
Leduc. Rev. F. X., Roman Catholic.
Lessart, Narcisse, dry goods and groceries.
Paré, Misses Julie & Emelie, dry goods & groceries.
Seminary of Quebec, seigniors and grist mill.
Inspectors of fences and ditches: Antoine Thomassin, Olivier Alaire, and Joseph Poulin.
Municipal councillors: Narcisse Paré, and Jean Renaud.
Pathmasters: Eli Rancourt, Juleyn Lachance, Eugene Bolduc, Julien Boucher, Clément Asselin and Joseph Renaud.
School commissioners: Ed. Filion, president; George Bolduc, Louis Lachance, Louis Simard, and Archange Gagnon