A Village And Parish situated in the Island of Orleans, County of Montmorenci, C. E. distant from Quebec, 21 miles, to which the communication is by bateaux usual fare, 6d. Population about 1200.
In the following Directory the names which appear in CAPITALS are those of subscribers to the work.
Alphabetical List Of Professions, Trades, &E.
Blouin, Charles, saw mill.
Carault, J. B., J. P.
Delisle, Joseph, saw mill.
Drapeau, Miss, seigneuress.
Ferland, Francois, dry goods and groceries.
Gosselin, Rev. A., Roman Catholic.
Hébert, Simon, inspector of roads.
Lachance, Gabriel, physician and surgeon.
Langlois, Magloire, school teacher.
Larne, Nazaire, notary.
Mignault, V., school teacher.
Poulin, Alexandre, grist mill and seignior.
Richard, Joseph, school teacher.
Royer, Pierre, carding mill.
Royer, Francois, grocery.
Toussaint, Miss L., school teacher.
Turcotte, Francois, saw mill.
Turcotte, Frs. X., dry goods and grocereys.
Municipal Councillors: Giguere and Francois-Gagnon.
Pathmasters: Samuel Fortier and Alexis Crepeau.
School Commissioners: Joseph Delisle, Pierre Pouliot, J. B. Laverriere, Frs. Blouin and J. Blouin.