A Village situated in the Township of Brantford, and United Counties of Wentworth and Halton. C. W. distant from Hamilton, 32 miles from London, 52 miles usual stage fare from Hamilton 6s. 3d. from London, 12s. 6d. Population, by census of 1850, 200.
In the following Directory the names which appear in CAPITALS are those of subscribers to the work.
Alphabetical List Of Professions, Trades, &C.
MACPHERSON, JAMES, Old Chequered Shed inn.
MILES, WILLIAM, boot and shoe manufacturer, and leather dealer.
MOTT, DAVID dealer in groceries, provisions, &c.
PERRIN, THOMAs, jun., general merchant.
PERRIN & SON, general merchants, lumber dealers flouring, saw, and cloth mills.
Collins, John, tailor.
Dutton, Joseph, boots and shoes.
Goodbow, P., saddler.
Griffin, N., wagonmaker.
Irwin, M., wagonmaker.
Johnson, F., innkeeper.
McIntosh. J., tailor.
Minney, D., blacksmith