100 years of history of the Moravian Church and it’s members of Mayodan, North Carolina. The Moravian Church of Mayodan, North Carolina, Rockingham County was dedicated to the Glory of God on November 29, 1896. The first religious service held in the village in July 1895, under the trees near where the Church stands was the actual beginning of the Church. Howard Edward Rondthaler (now Bishop-Moravian Church Southern Province) a surveyor at the time living at the boarding house and Samuel Permania Tesh, who was also staying there, both Moravians from Winston-Salem, conducted this service. The Higgins family, who kept the boarding house, the other boarders there and a few people from the village gathered around as the service progressed. Howard Rondthaler, son of Edward Rondthaler, Bishop also of the Moravian Church, studied for the ministry and became the first pastor of the Mayodan Moravian Church.