Location: Ashprington England

1850 Gazetteer of Ashprington England

ASHPRINGTON, or Ashpreignton, is a small neat village, picturesquely seated on a gentle slope, near the confluence of the river Harbourn with the estaury of the Dart, 2½ miles S.E. of Totnes. Its parish contains 588 souls, and 2644 acres of fertile land, including the hamlets of Washbourn and Yeatson and part of Tuckenhay, where there is a large paper mill, a corn mill, and quarries of hard stone, of which great quantities are exported in vessels of 160 tons, to London, &c., for Macadamizing roads. Richard Durant, Esq., owns a great part of the parish, and is lord of