Dr. Thomas W. Taylor, a well known urologist of St. Louis, was born at Newcastle in Staffordshire, England, March 4, 1880, his parents being James and Elizabeth (Onions) Taylor, who likewise were natives of the Merrie Isle. It was in the year 1882 that the father brought the family to the new world, settling originally in New Castle, Pennsylvania, while later he removed to Piqua, Ohio, where he successfully engaged in mercantile pursuits for many years. He passed away December 16, 1915, at the advanced age of eighty, while his wife died in Piqua, in 1914, at the age of
Location: Ada Ohio
Charles H. Overly is associated with Owen A. Thompson at Independence as co-inventor and active partner in the Safety Pulling Machine Company, and while Mr. Thompson superintends the manufacture of that useful device he had exercised his abilities as a salesman in distributing it throughout the oil fields of the country. Mr. Overly was born near St. Mary’s, Ohio, September 8, 1865. His ancestors came from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, to Ohio in the early days of the latter state. His father Joseph K. Overly was also born near St. Mary’s, Ohio, and died at Lamont, Oklahoma, April 1, 1916. As
Hansen, George C.; attorney-at-law; born, Schlesni, Germany, May 30, 1868; son of Henry William and Hannah Peterson Hansen; educated, Ohio Northern University, B. A., 1895, University of Michigan, LL. B., 1898; married, Cleveland, June 29, 1904, Orra Phillips; issue, three children; asst. county prosecutor of Cuyahoga county, from 1908 to 1910; pres. Lakewood Chamber of Commerce, 1912-1913; pres. Cuyahoga County Sunday School Ass’n, 1908-1910; taught country school in Wood county in 1889-1891; supt. of Hoytville, O., schools, 1892-1894; supt. Perrysburg, Ohio, schools, 1896-1897; began practicing law in Cleveland, September, 1898; director Lakewood Bank, Crucible Steel Castings Co., and W. E.
Freshwater, Milton; paving contractor; born, West Virginia, Sept. 11, 1877; son of E. A. and Clarenda Campbell Freshwater; educated in commercial course at Morgantown, W. Va.; married, Johnstown, Pa., Dec. 31, 1907, Miss C. B. Williams; two children; has worked at the street-paving business since 1893; completing street paving in the following places; Johnstown and Freeport, Pa., Chester, W. Va., Alliance, Richwood, Ada and Cleveland, Ohio; since April, 1909; the paving contracts are man-aged by three members of the firm, while Mr. E. A. Freshwater takes no part in this branch of the business; the firm consists of E. A.
Caley, Frederick Henry; sec’y Cleveland Automobile Club; born, Hudson, June 2, 1873; sou of Frederick P. and Clara S. Palmer Caley; educated, public and high school and Ohio Northern University, Ada, O.; married, New York, Nov 27, 1913, Harriet E. Weffler; 1st Lieut. 4th Ohio Infantry, 1902-1910; active Republican; with National Republican committee two campaigns; State Insurance Dept., 1903-1906; office sec’y of State, 1906-1908; Ohio State Registrar of Automobiles, 1908-1911; has been successful in organizing automobile clubs throughout Ohio; mgr. The Cleveland Automobile Show Co.; member Y. M. C. A., Akron Lodge, No. 547 I. O. O. F., Akron-Canton, two
Eshelman, Oriel D.; lawyer; born, Ashland, O.; son of David and Harriett Landis Eshelman; educated, Cleveland and country public schools, West High, German Wallace College and Ohio Northern University, B. S. and LL. B.; admitted to the bar, June, 1909; began practice in Cleveland, August, 1909; not connected with any law firm; director Cleveland Tie Binder; sec’y City Moving & Transfer Co.; director Motor Van Delivery Co.; treas. Interstate Adjustment Co.; member Dover Lodge, F. & A. M., Mount Olive Chapter, Geyer Lodge, K. of P., West Side Chamber of Industry, West End Business Mens’ Ass’n; general practice and commercial
Ebersole, William George; dentist; M. D. and D. D. S.; born, Carrollton, O., Nov. 18, 1864; son of John E. and Nancy Lyons Ebersole; educated, Grammar and High School of Carrollton; Ohio Norman University at Ada O.; spent a year and a half in the study of law; Western Reserve University, both medical and dental courses; married, Dec. 17, 1890, Carrollton, O., Miss Ora Stemple; one son, Carl Haman, born Oct. 19, 1896; in October, 1898, began the practise of dentistry in Cleveland; two and one-half years demonstrator of operative dentistry at Western Reserve University; 1898-1899 and a part of
Crile, George W.; surgeon, born, Chili, O., Nov. 11, 1864; son of Michael and Margaret (Deeds) Crile; A. B., Ohio Northern University, 1884, A. M., 1888; M. D., Wooster University, Cleveland, 1887; student Vienna, 1893; London, 1895; Paris, 1897; (hon. Ph. D., Hiram College, 1901); married Grace McBride, of Cleveland, Feb. 7, 1900; prof. clin. surgery, Western Reserve University, since, 1900; surgeon, Lakeside Hospital Alvarenga prize, College Physiology, Phila., 1901; fellow, A. A. A. S.; member-Association of American Pathologists and Bacteriologists, A. M. A.; American Surgical Association; Soc. Experimental Biology and Medicine, American Physiology Society. Author: Surgical Shock, 1897; Surgery
Hopkins, David Harris; lawyer; born, Granger, Medina county, O., Oct. 8, 1882; son of Chauncey J. and Ale Harris Hopkins; graduated from Granger High School in 1900; following year attended Ohio Northern University, and graduated from Baldwin University, 1911, receiving LL. B. degree; married, Granger, O., Jan. 16, 1904, Vira Marie Kerstetter; opened his law office in the Engineers’ Bldg. in November, 1911; interested in farming and breeder of Holstein-Friesian cattle, Poland China swine and fancy poultry; director The Cleveland Poultry Breeders Ass’n Co.; member Masons, Odd Fellows, Maccabees, and Sigma Kappa Phi Fraternity.
James C. Holland. The public architecture of Kansas, especially in the capital city, is largely a record of the skill and experience of one man, James C. Holland. Mr. Holland by all the standards that can be applied is a great architect. He has gained a well deserved prominence in this profession. His experience in Kansas covers more than thirty years. At one time he held the office of state architect, but throughout his business has largely been in connection with the designing and the superintending of construction of buildings which serve a public or quasi-public purpose. A few years