A complete listing of all the Indian villages, towns and settlements as listed in Handbook of Americans North of Mexico.
A Delaware village in Ohio in 1770-73 and the residence of Netawatwees, the principal chief of the tribe. Perhaps identical with White Eyes town. It was abandoned in 1773 or 1774, the inhabitants removing to Coshocton, on the east side of the Muskingum, which Netawatwees henceforth made his chief residence. 1
A Shawnee village in 1795 on St Marys River, east of Celina Reservoir, Auglaize County, Ohio. It took its name from Simon Girty, an Indian trader living with the Shawnee. (J. M.)
A former Delaware village on the Black fork of Mohican River, near the boundary of Richland and Ashland counties in Ohio.
- Treaty of Maumee Rapids (1817) in U. S. Ind. Treat., 204, 1873;
- Royce in 18th Rep. B. A. E., Ohio map, 1899.
Grenadier Squaw’s Town
- Loskiel, Missions, 1794.
- Washington (1770) in Rupp, West Pa., app., 397, 1846.