Walworth, Frank Howard; retired; born, East Cleveland, July 15, 1857; son of John and Mary V. Race Walworth; educated in Cleveland schools; married, East Cleveland, April 17, 1889, Kate Cole Cline; issue, three children, Mrs. Stewart B. Browne, Jeanette, John Dunlap; teller Wade Park Bank and then teller Cleveland Trust Co.; retired from active business in 1908; treas. Village of East Cleveland from 1898 to 1904; pres. Sinking Fund Commission, East Cleveland; treas. and trustee the A. M. McGregor Home; member Chamber of Commerce, and Cleveland Real Estate Board.
Location: Cuyahoga County OH
Ward, Joseph A.; banker; born, Cleveland, June 19, 1673; son of Michael and Jane McQuillan Ward; parochial school and business college education; unmarried; 24 years with the Cleveland National Bank, now asst. cashier.
Wason, Charles William; retired; born, Cleveland, April 20, 1854; son of Charles and Matilda Parker Wason; graduated, Cornell University, 1876; married, Paris, France, January, 1882, Jettie Anna Morrill; issue, two daughters, Jettie, now Mrs. Harold Edwards, Velda, now Mrs. John A. Rithet; married, Cleveland, September, 1896, Margaret Wright; married, Hamilton, Canada, February, 1901, Mabel Breckenridge; director Cleveland, Painesville & Eastern; Northern Ohio Traction and Light Co., Williamson Building Co.; trustee Cleveland Associated Charities; member Kappa Alpha, Carnellian Council, Cleveland Engineering Society, Bibliophile Society, Union, Country, Mayfield, Willowwick and Rowfant Clubs.
Wascko, Roman W.; florist; born, Germany, Dec. 3, 1887; son of Ernest and Emma Shmemgatzea Wascko; educated, Cleveland public schools; married, Cleveland, Feb. 12, 1903; Mary Pallyblank; issue, four children; from 1892 worked for J. W. Wilson as florist, till 1901, for Lyman Essex, florist; in 1902 started in business for himself, continuing in one location; member P. H. C. and Florist Club.
Warner, Worchester Reed; manufacturer; born, Cummington, Hampshire County, Mass., May 16, 1846; son of Franklin J. and Vesta Wales (Reed) Warner; educated, district school, Cummington; (D. Mech. Sc., Western University of Pennsylvania, 1897) ; married, Cleveland, Cornelia F. Blakemore, of Philadelphia, June 26, 1890; learned machinist’s trade at Boston and at Exeter, N. H.; with Pratt & Whitney Co., Hartford, Conn.; 1870-1880, and at same time pursued studies in astronomy, and other scientific branches, and experimented in telescope building as a recreation; in 1881, with Ambrose Swasey, established firm of Warner & Swasey, incorporated as The Warner & Swasey Co.,
Weis, S. H.; architect; born, New York City, September, 1888; educated in the grammar and High Schools of Cleveland, and University of California; married in Cleveland in 1911; pres. and treas. Esplanade Realty Co.; member Chamber of Commerce.
Weidenthal, Maurice; editor Jewish Independent; born, Hungary, Oct. 3, 1856; came to Cleveland as a boy, attending Rockwell Street school; married, Cleveland, Feb. 14, 1883, Lida Brandes; correspondent New York Dramatic News; reporter and critic Cleveland Herald; city editor Cleveland Plain Dealer; reporter and critic Cleveland World (News); city editor Cleveland Recorder; reporter, dramatic and editorial writer Cleveland Press; made politics a specialty, “covering” many national and state conventions for Cleveland Press and Scripps-McRae league of newspaper; accompanied late Senator Hanna on national campaign tours; founded Jewish Independent March 1906, being president of the publishing company; member Independent Order B’nai
Webster, John Howard; assignee The Variety Iron Works Co.; born, Portsmouth, N. H., Nov. 8, 1846; came to CIeveland in 1850; public school education, graduated from Yale in 1868; degree A. B., Union Law College, 1870; degree LL. B.; received degree of A. M. from Yale in 1871; engaged in the practice of law in Cleverland until 1891, when he was appointed assignee for the Variety Iron Works Co.; still serving; pres. Chamberlain Cartridge & Target Co., Buckeye Milling Co.; vice pres. Penton Publishing Co.; interested in other corporations; member Union, University, Rowfant Clubs, Cleveland, and University Club, New Haven,
Weaver, S. Marshall; dentist; born, Dayton, O., Dec. 13, 1875; son of W. J. and Mary E. Marshall Weaver; educated, Ravenna High School and Western Reserve University (D. D. S.) ; married, Cleveland, April 17, 1896; two sons; pres. Weaver Dental Specialty Co.; vice pres. Cleveland Vending Co.; director Realty Building-Renting Co.; member National, Ohio State, Northern Ohio and Cleveland Dental Societies, Delta Sigma Delta, Colonial and Cleveland Athletic Clubs; pres. Cleveland Dental Society, 1913-1914.
Watson, Wilbur J.; civil engineer; born, Berea, O., April 5, 1871; son of D. R. and Maria Parker Watson; educated, public schools of Berea, Case School of Applied Science, Cleveland, B. S. (C. S. A. S.), S. E. (C. S. A. S.); married, Cleveland, 1900, Harriet Martha Barnes; issue, two daughters; five years in engineering dept. of L. S. & M. S. Ry.; nine years as asst. engineer for consulting engineering firms; last six years engaged in consulting, designing and supervising work in connection with construction of bridges and buildings for cities, counties, railroads and private corporations, etc.; work covers