Location: Clatsop County OR

Roy, Doris Mary Scott Mrs. – Obituary

Dorris Mary Scott Roy, 88, a former Baker City resident, died Aug. 10, 2001, in Oregon City. Mrs. Roy was born on Sept. 30, 1912, at Corvallis to Frank and Malinda Scott. She was proud of her roots and the fact that she was a native Oregonian. Her paternal grandfather came West in a wagon train from Dubuque County, Iowa, and settled at Tangent in 1853. After graduating from Corvallis High School, she completed a degree in home economics from Oregon State University and earned a master’s degree in Extension Education from the University of Wisconsin. She lived in Baker

Biography of Dr. John McLoughlin

DR. JOHN McLOUGHLIN. – Doctor McLoughlin has been very well called the first real governor of Oregon. As chief factor of the Hudson’s Bay Company west of the Rocky Mountains, he was more than this; – he was autocrat. He was a great man, – large physically, of large views and ideas, and above all, very large-hearted. He was nearly forty years on this coast, and during that time was the chief man in it. The Indians called him the “white-headed eagle;” and the Whites went to him with their troubles. In a pathetic little manuscript found among his papers,

Dunn, Naomi June Frost Mrs. – Obituary

Naomi June Dunn, 68, a former Baker City resident, died Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2007, in Warrenton. Her funeral was today at the Warrenton First Baptist Church. Interment was at Ocean View Cemetery in Warrenton. Caldwell’s Luce-Layton Mortuary in Astoria was in charge of arrangements. Mrs. Dunn was born on June 8, 1939, in La Grande, to Ronald E. and Barbara I. Simonis Frost. She was raised in Baker City. On Nov. 21, 1958, she married Lonnie Dunn in Baker City. In 1967, the family moved to Clatsop County. She was a sales clerk at Sears, Roebuck and Co. for 20

Biography of Henry D. Green

Green, Henry D., for many years a prominent figure in the commercial affairs of Portland, was born in Tompkins county, New York, October 16, 1825. Shortly after attaining his majority, in 1853, he came to Oregon and established himself at Astoria, in partnership with W. Irving Leonard. This firm purchased the mercantile business house of Leonard & Green, which was established at that point in 1850, by John Green and H. C. Leonard, at that date the only mercantile house, except the Hudson Bay Company’s trading post, at the mouth of the Columbia river. He remained at Astoria until 1856,